Thursday, June 26, 2008

Animal Happenings

I glanced out at the patio last evening to see if it was still raining. And on its hind legs, peeking into my studio doors, was a tiny rabbit, no more than 4" in length, chocolate in color, including its pom-pom tail. Before I could grab my camera, he hopped away. This am, without success, I looked closely at the roots of nearby trees to see if I could find the rabbit hole. I imagine that my patio guest is risk taking Peter Rabbit, and that his siblings, Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail are staying safely with Momma Rabbit.
And Ira related that our neighbor's cat, Smoky, who loves to climb trees, is again this summer, being attacked by a mother mockingbird as soon as he places a paw into our yard. Ira reported that yesterday, he watched the bird actually strut behind Smoky, squaking loudly, actually chasing him as he headed to his home driveway so as to hide under the truck parked there.

No comments: