Friday, May 15, 2009

Jazz at the Barnwell

INTUITION is a young group, a drummer, a guitarist, two keyboarders and a singer, all obviously talented though inexperienced musicians. I thought I was the only one who was becoming bored with the same beat, the same kind of cocktail loounge dance music, but then noted that all around me were chatting, that feet weren't tapping nor hands clapping, that no one was dancing. The only change I heard in the 3/4 hr. I was there, was the songstress leaving the stage for a band instrumental, and then the band played as they had before: noone taking the lead, no one improvising. It was a beautiful evening weatherwise, and the crowd enjoyed its picnic suppers and each others company... I sure hope next week's band sets my feet tapping, my hands clapping.

No comments: