Tuesday, August 12, 2008

August Flowers

High temperatures plus high humidity and the fear of poison ivy have kept me out of the garden this summer. When doing a walk-around yesterday, I saw that an orchid plant had sprouted beautiful small lavender blooms. Our potted plants are placed in May, under some old junipers and seem to thrive on the filtered sunshine. When in blossom I enjoy bringing the plant into our spa hut as that's where we have breakfast each morning. I also noticed that the "gardenia" bush puts out a few flowers each day. Their aroma drenches the air around the patio. I'd decided that the ginger plants would have to be moved to a different bed in the Fall, but hurrah! after a few heavier rains, they're starting to bloom and add their perfume to that of the gardenias.


No comments: