Monday, December 1, 2008

A page from the Karl Rove Playbook

I am so tired of the mudslinging in the Carmouche and Fleming campaign ads. Neither has any national political record to run on, but the voters of Caddo have not voiced any doubts re Carmouche's time as D.A., and I haven't heard anything negative re Fleming's medical or business practice. So why can't each just tell us how he'd represent us in Congress? what they think about the urgent issues that this country faces, et al?
As a professed and stalwart liberal, I find neither represents my perspective. I will attend the debate at LSU-S tomorrow evening though yesterday's Fleming campaign robo-call has me swearing that I won't vote for Fleming or any Republican until they burn the Karl Rove Playbook. The caller said she was taking a poll, just one question..so I listened to the supposed long, detailed supposed question that smeared Carmouche as a defender of child rapists. I was so angry, not only at the slander and the way it was delivered, but also at the insinuation that we voters are stupid and would fall for such a ploy. I hope that when Paul Carmouche is elected, that he'll grow in the job, and truly represent people like me as well as the NRA and pro-choice groups; that he'll support stem cell research, education reforms, etc..the Obama platform.

No comments: