Saturday, January 10, 2009

ARTSPACE: I hardly knew ya'

What a great response to the "Show us your Ink (or Tatt)" call from our community. So many interesting and interested locals arrived at Artspace Saturday afternoon to have their body art photographed by Mike Silva. They arrived with their families, friends, waited patiently and many shared their experiences and art via loudspeaker. Yes! There were some bikers; I expected them. I was however amazed that this body art has been embraced by people of all ages, all social classes, races, ethnicities, white, blue and rainbow collars, et al. Wow! Beautiful. It was especially wonderful to see all these people whom I'd never before seen at Artspace; alas, Maggie Martin was not to be seen. I hope these delightful participants return not only for this exhibit but also for other events.

No comments: